Worth the watch!
Check out my Torrid haul and try on photos!
My plus size outfit today!
Giveaway Winner Announcement!
Check out my YouTube channel for a giveaway I’m sponsoring for Canadian and American residents. Subscribe to my channel for a chance to win! Good luck!
5 Reasons Why You Should Stop Judging Others
Check out my post as a guest blogger on olivialucieblake.com/
You belong here just as much as anyone else. There is nothing about you that is wrong, not good enough or not worthy of a happy and fulfilling life. The way you look, who you love, where you are from, how you worship, what you believe in, where you live, your gender or how you identify yourself are all the wonderful parts of who you are and they are not things that affect what you are capable of doing or who you can be.
You belong because you were brought into existence. You were born and the universe has great plans for you. You must continue to show up every day, get through the hard stuff, be thankful for the good stuff and live the life you deserve.
Be Pretty, Plus and Proud and remember that difficult moments are lessons, beautiful moments are blessings and life is an amazing adventure!
When I am feeling sad or lonely and my people aren’t around I know I can always count on Maggie! She’s our 11 year old shi-poo and has been such a blessing to our family!
Is she perfect? Well, in our eyes she is but she is vocal which can irritate at times but she’s usually noisy when there’s a perceived threat to her family or she wants something like food, a walk, a treat or a belly rub.
She’s a loving girl and very sensitive to the needs of her family, always ready with puppy kisses to brighten the day. Pets are the ones you can always depend on to not judge how you look, what you do, what you wear or what you say. Unlike people they don’t expect a lot, just love, food and walks.
So if you’re feeling down or insecure about yourself, then snuggle with your furry friends or visit the local pet store for your dose of pet therapy.
Be Pretty, Plus and Proud and shower your furry family members with the love and attention they deserve for being your faithful companion!
Smile! It’s the beginning of a fabulous new day and you are BEAUTIFUL!
I’ve been looking at Pinterest for some time now and have been saving up some inspiring body positive quotes. Today I’m sharing with you some of my favorites just to remind all you plus size beauties how truly remarkable and special you are, right now, in this moment, without changing a thing!
Read and enjoy and as always, now and forever, Be Pretty, Plus and Proud!
- Looking into a mirror is not a reminder to bash your wonderful body!
- Your body is not wrong, society is!
- Confidence will make you happier than any diet ever will (so embrace your body!)
- I do not need anyone else’s permission to feel glorious!
- Body confidence does not come from trying to achieve the perfect body, it comes from embracing the one you’ve already got!
- Life is way to short to spend another day at war with yourself!
- Confidence is Beautiful, no matter your size, no matter your weight. Be confident in who you are and you’ll be BEAUTIFUL!
Do you have any favorite body positive quotes you’d like to share? Did you add to your list of body positive affirmations we started in yesterday’s post?
Hello and welcome to a new day! I Hope everyone had a fabulous long weekend and returned to work or school refreshed and revitalized!
The beginning of a new school year used to be my New Year’s resolution day; a time to make changes and shake things up a bit. However, this year I’m not making promises to myself that I’m unlikely to keep. Today I’m asking myself a question and embracing and accepting its answers in my journey to self love and self acceptance. Some of what I’m about to say I hinted at in my initial story about myself but now I’m revealing more details.
With that being said I’ll let you know this is a bit of a longer blog post so sit back with a cup of tea or glass of wine and read. It’ll be worth the time.
I hope no one finds my question rude or offensive, that is not the intent. Please read the whole post and you’ll understand.
My question is this: Why are you fat (curvy, plump, plus, chubby,etc.)?
I ask the question because I’m coming to understand and believe that one must understand the reasons you are the way you are before you can love and accept who you are. Often our reasons are things that people who are judging us can’t see and that’s what makes body shaming so unacceptable.
Here is my list of reasons:
1) Puberty – I turned 13 and all of a sudden I had boobs, a stomach and big butt.
2) Genetics – I am my mother’s daughter.
3) I did not perform well in elementary school gym class and as a result of being teased and shamed in this class I developed a life long aversion to and dislike of most anything physical. Sweating is not my thing.
4) These early experiences with body shaming resulted in low self esteem, depression, lack of confidence and emotional eating (more about that one coming up).
5) I loved my mother but she did not like to cook so while she did the best she could, meals were often repetitive and lacked imagination. I was a picky eater so I’m sure that didn’t help. Eating was not a wonderful sensual experience so food became my emotional outlet rather then what it should have been – fuel for my body.
6) Emotional eating; my reward for a bad day, a good day, a way to cope when I’m sad or angry or even when I’m happy. Eating ice cream is good 24/7.
7) While my mother didn’t like to cook she also wouldn’t let anyone else cook so I never learned to cook and feed myself. When I moved out my meals were chicken fingers and french fries or popcorn.
8) When I did lose weight at various times throughout my life it wasn’t for the right reasons; I wanted to look good in someone’s wedding pictures or fit into a nice grad dress or to get a date.
9) Then 18 years ago came my biggest obstacle, MS. With my disease there also comes chronic fatigue. Many days I’m tired before I even get out of bed, and the thought of everything that has to be done that day is so overwhelming I just want to stay in bed. The very idea of exercise and cooking healthy meals becomes lost in my world of just wanting more sleep.
10) Thus the spiral of depression and emotional eating starts all over again.
Now that I acknowledge, understand and accept all these reasons… I can accept, understand and learn to love myself.
Many of you have experienced, or continue to experience these same reasons, and of course a list all your very own. The roads that have led you to where you are today; a plus size woman.
Remember these are reasons, not excuses for who you are and how you got here.
I’ll continue more on this subject in tomorrow’s post. I will leave you with this thought: I will not allow others who don’t know or understand my road to judge me or shame me. I will stand tall. I am Pretty, Plus and Proud!
Please continue to share your stories and comments. I love getting to know you!