Who else feels out of touch, bored, trapped, exhausted, defeated, lonely, angry, sad, confused or despair? Covid and being in lockdown once again is hard on the head and my positive vibe. I’ve been writing a lot about feelings lately and I guess that comes from a place of concern both for myself and the population in general. I try to remain positive and practice what I preach but sometimes even I have trouble seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I know I have it very easy compared to anyone working the front lines, residents in nursing homes, the sick and the homeless but I still feel what I feel and those emotions are valid. It’s easy to feel guilt when comparing situations in life and obviously one life is more privileged then another. However, poor or rich, healthy or sick, we all have struggles and we need to respect those struggles and remain judge free.
I know the world doesn’t make a lot of sense right now but I know everything happens for a reason. That reason doesn’t seem apparent right now but some day all of this will come to an end and we’ll come out better for it. I am trying to remember the lessons learned in the last year:
- Relationships are more important than things.
- Appreciate what you have.
- Being together is better than being apart.
- Kindness is something that should be given out freely and often.
- Don’t judge people.
- Use your time productively.
- It’s okay to take a break and do nothing.
- Asking for help is a strength not a weakness.
- Show love always.
- Be grateful and count your blessings.
- Time does not stand still and this moment will pass.
Life is tough right now but together we can get through this. Be Pretty, Plus and Proud and don’t worry, you are never alone. Many of us feel the same even those like me who have made it their life’s mission to spread positivity. There is nothing wrong with feeling out of sorts. It only means we’re human.