I was reading something today that sparked the idea for today’s post. Instead of resolutions why don’t we set some goals? These have nothing to do with changing how you look and everything to do with how to live your best life.
Some ideas to get you thinking:
- Try something new; belly dancing, ice skating, pottery class, painting, learn to knit, start a blog, sing karaoke, learn a new language, sign up for online dating.
- Wear colours or patterns that you don’t normally wear. Break away from black and try bold, bright colours and patterns.
- Go on an adventure. Drive somewhere new for the weekend or plan a vacation to a destination you’ve always wanted to see.
- Read a new book.
- Start a journal.
- Plan to meet up with friends once a month and do different activities each get togther.
- Try a new food once a week. Expand your taste buds!
Achieving these goals won’t happen overnight. Save your pennies for your dream vacation. Take baby steps when trying new activities, clothing, hairstyles or makeup looks. Make small goals that add up to the biggie goal of living life, having fun and stepping outside of your comfort zone.
Image above and directly below courtesy of Instagram post from thewelderswifexo
If the above goals seem too big of a step, how about just working on changing how you view life.
Image courtesy of Instagram post from angienwonderland
Learn to live with less. Dream before you set your goals into action. Be grateful for the life you have. Be generous with your affection and remember to find humour in every day. These small steps can go a long way to making 2019 a fabulous year! Most of all work on being Pretty, Plus and Proud in the new year ahead!