Do you enjoy photography but despise having your own image photographed? Many of us on self-love journeys struggle when we see pictures of ourselves. How many of your eyes are immediately drawn to the body part you like least of all? I know that tends to be my habit instead of focusing on the things that are most attractive like my smile or my big, bright eyes. I wish to propose a challenge for you today. I recently took part in an Instagram photo challenge sponsored by @grief_coach_ophelia, @oilymasters, @steepedang_ygk and @vallasmalas. I hope you consider trying some of the activities below to help your body positivity grow and improve your self-love. Good luck and have fun!
- Take a selfie and post on your favourite social media platform.
- Take a picture of your favourite facial feature.
- Take a picture of your favourite body part (keep it clean).
- Have someone take a picture of you laughing.
- Take a picture of something that makes you smile.
- Take a picture of someone who makes you smile.
- Take a picture of your favourite outfit or article of clothing either of you wearing it or just on the hanger.
- Put on something with lots of bling and take a photo.
- Take a picture of you doing something you love or of an item used in your favourite activity.
- Take a no makeup selfie.
- Start a journal with the first entry about a personality trait you love.
- Take a picture of a place you love to be at.
- Post a picture of a quote that motivates and inspires you.
- Have someone photograph you being silly.
- Write this down, “I love myself”. Take a picture of you holding this sign.
These are some of the 28 ideas that were part of this challenge. For more great ideas, check out the whole list at #28DaysofSelfLoveChallenge on Instagram. Hopefully these ideas will help you feel more comfortable and confident in front of the camera. Be Pretty, Plus and Proud as you pose and post because you are picture worthy!