Life is hard! There will always be bumps in the road. There will be things that happen that we will never understand or will be difficult to accept. There will be people who disappoint us. There will be failures. There will be events we can’t control. However, life is a journey with lots of wonderful and joyous moments along with the hard stuff. We have to remember to live every moment as if it were our last. We must embrace change and failures as learning opportunities to grow and become the best version of ourselves. There are many things we can’t control but we do have control over how we react to situations. We have control over our thoughts, feelings and actions. So with all that being said, here is some sound advice that I wish to share with you (I was inspired by a post on FaceBook I saw not long ago):
- Always be yourself. Don’t change what you do or the way you act to impress someone. It’s okay to just be you.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Accept the truth even when it is hard.
- Follow what you believe in.
- Keep your mind open to the advice of others but follow only what feels right in your heart.
- Be gentle and kind to yourself as you’re only human and humans make mistakes.
- Love and accept yourself first to achieve your dreams. You can’t love someone else if you don’t love yourself first.
- Express your feelings. It is harmful to your mental and emotional health to keep things bottled up inside.
- Be Pretty, Plus and Proud because you are amazing!