Loving your body is a difficult thing when there is so much visual information out there to tell y0u everything that is wrong with your body. However, your body is the only one you have and you must think about all the things it does for you in a day. It gets you out of bed. It enables you to make breakfast for you and perhaps your family. It gets the kids to school and you to work. It does laundry, cleans your house, plays with your children, makes love to your partner, hikes mountains, swims oceans, baths in the sun, and so much more. it deserves way more love and respect than you are probably giving it.
Time to turn that self-hate into self-love. Appreciate all the things your body does for you, the experiences it allows you to have and the life you are able to lead. Below are some quotes I found on a website I follow http://www.uncustomary.org. I hope these help you to love yourself and your amazing body, no matter what shape or size. You are beautiful!
- “You are imperfect; permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.” – Amy Bloom
- “One day I had to sit down with myself and decide that I loved myself no matter what my body looked like and what other people thought about my body.” – Gabourey Sidibe
- “My limbs work, so I’m not going to complain about the way my body is shaped.” – Drew Barrymore
- “To lose confidence in one’s body is to lose confidence in one’s self.” – Simone de Beauvoir
- “There is no wrong way to have a body.” – Glenn Maria
- “True beauty is not related to what colour your eyes are or what colour your hair is. True beauty is about who you are as a human being, your principles, your moral compass.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “Healthy emotions come in all sizes. Healthy minds come in all sizes. And healthy bodies come in all sizes.” – Cheri K. Erdman
- “I’m not going to sacrifice my mental health to have the perfect body.” – Demi Lovato
- “The scale can only tell you what you weigh, not who you are,” – Steve Maraboli
- “Happiness isn’t size specific.” – Anna Guest-Jelley
Be Pretty, Plus and Proud of your body. It is responsible for your very existence on earth.