Since I am flying to NS tomorrow to attend my Aunt’s funeral I’m putting this post out tonight. I’ll likely be away from the writing desk for a few days and posts may continue to be a bit sporadic since we’ll also be on holidays. The good thing is you’ll likely see lots of travel pictures in the posts I do write and keep an eye on my YouTube channel for some holiday videos. Today’s post: I’m nominated for an award!!
Liebster Award Rules:
I am once again sincerely thankful and humbled to receive this award nomination from blogger Aanchal whose blog http://www.aanchalwrites.wordpress.com is definitely worth checking out!
I always find this part difficult because i love all the blogs I follow but here it goes; seven new blogs I’ve started following and am enjoying are;
Answers To Nominator’s Questions:
- What are you most proud of in life? I am most proud of my daughter whose intelligence, strength, kindness and beauty of soul makes me very honoured to be her mother.
- Who is your favourite musician/band? I love Celine Dion. When she sings I get goose bumps and I’m very proud she’s Canadian as I am.
- What hobbies do you enjoy? I love blogging of course. I love to read, do yoga, scrapbooking, camping, bike riding and swimming.
- Who is your biggest inspiration? I find inspiration in many places and many people; the women in my life, like my sister, cousins, sister in-laws, my daughter, my friends; the many women who have propelled the body positive movement on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms and to my deceased Mother who was the first plus size woman to show me curvy is beautiful.
- What is a book that you would recommend to others? I like books that have unexpected twists at the end like “Life Of Pi” or books by Jodi Picoult like “My Sister’s Keeper”.
- What is the one song that you love to sing at the top of your lungs when you hear it come on the radio? I love a Canadian singer, Johnny Reid whose song, “Today I’m Going To Try And Change The World” is inspiring and quite literally makes me want to try and change the world.
- Are you right-handed or left-handed? I’m right-handed.
- What’s your favourite treat food? I’m a potato chip girl.
- How do you keep active? I like yoga.
- If you could go on a TV show which would it be? I love crime shows like “Criminal Minds” or “Law and Order” so it would be cool to be on one of those.
- What is your favourite fruit or vegetable? I like peaches, strawberries, apples and clementines best.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I’m a diet coke addict.
- I eat far too much popcorn.
- I have a dog named Maggie.
- I want to write a book.
- I love country music.
- I’m the oldest of three children.
- French was my first language until I went to school at which point my parents started speaking english so I would understand what was going on at school so I lost my French.
- A country I want to see most in the world is Austria.
- My favourite movie is “Sound of Music”.
- I have a large collection of hoop earrings.
- I love skulls on my t-shirts.
11 Question For My Nominees:
- What was your favourite childhood toy?
- Were you named after anyone?
- Do you wear glasses?
- What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
- What is the first thing you notice about people?
- What colour are your eyes?
- If you were a crayon what colour would you be?
- What is the farthest you have been from home?
- What are you most afraid of?
- Do you prefer hot or cold weather?
- What’s your favourite reality TV show?
Be Pretty, Plus and Proud and always grateful for the people who appreciate what you do and help propel you forward towards your dreams and life goals. I am thankful for everyone who chooses to take time from their busy day to read my blog, leave comments, watch my YouTube videos and follow me on Instagram and Twitter. Your support and encouragement means so much to me!
You, yes you, the one reading this right now, you are the joy in my heart and the reason for the smile on my face.