We all have bad days when we’re not feeling our gorgeous selves. It’s hard to be body positive every single day; maybe your hair isn’t cooperating, maybe your favourite shirt shrunk in the dryer, maybe you ran out of your favourite lipstick and forgot to buy another one, maybe you’re just tired, feeling job stress or ate too many chips the night before. Any number of things could be sending you into a downward spiral. Here’s a little list of simple things you can do that just might turn your day around:
1. Make an appointment with your hair stylist. Nothing feels better than a shampoo scrub/head massage. Try a new style or colour and you’ll be kicking the door down to show off your new do!
2. Buy a new accessory or some small treat that won’t require you to go through all the work of trying something on. A new necklace, pair of earrings, scarf, headband or shoes might be just the thing to perk up your spirits. Even a bright, new lipstick colour will brighten your face and draw compliments from everyone you meet.
3. Take a selfie and post it on Instagram or Facebook. Use social media in a positive way. Friends and family will flood your accounts with love and good vibes.
4. I personally love a little pampering at the spa whether it’s getting a manicure, pedicure, facial, mini makeover, massage or waxing, Some self-love and self-care can do wonders for a bad mood.
5. Enjoy a favourite activity; reading a book, gardening, listening to music, writing in a journal, doing yoga, cuddling with your puppy, etc. Whatever you like to do, spend time doing it until you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel of your bad day.
6. Fresh air and sunshine helps so go for a walk, sit under the shade of your favourite tree, go for a bike ride or head to the beach to rock that new bikini!
Be Pretty, Plus and Proud and know that bad days are only temporary. You have the power to change anything negative into something positive!
Check out queenbeefashionista4 on Instagram for more positive quotes like this one (used on this blog post with her permission)!