I’ve been following a YouTube channel self-love boot camp entitled “chooselifewarrior” by Dani. Her story of battling an eating disorder and fight to achieve healing and self-love is so inspiring. She’s filmed 21 days of videos meant to help anyone who wants to find peace and harmony within themselves and with their bodies. Some videos are conversations, some videos she shares things she’s done to accept and embrace her body and in some videos she gives you activities to work on, that can give you confidence and boost your self-esteem.
One of her videos focused on making goals for yourself. By making goals you are envisioning a future that is successful and fulfilling. Making goals means you believe in yourself. Goals allow you to dream and know that whatever you feel now about yourself and your abilities is only temporary. Seeing a future means you are travelling, moving forward in your journey to self-love. Sometimes when we make goals and things don’t turn out as planned, we feel like we’ve failed. However, the important thing to remember is that circumstances in life are always changing meanings goals can change too. If one goal in particular wasn’t achieved maybe it’s only because you achieved something else instead and the old goal is no longer relevant. Feel free to evolve as you move through life, keeping some goals, tossing some aside that are no longer important to you and replacing them with new ones.
With all that being said, below is my list of goals I’d like to achieve some day. Maybe they’ll happen and maybe not but goals will motivate me to get out of bed in the morning and give me a sense of purpose.
- I would like to write a book about self-love and all things body positive that I’ve learned over the last year; kind of expand on what I write about in my blog.
- Start a course, offered through the city recreation program, to teach women how they can learn to love themselves and be happy with who they are.
- I’d like to do motivational speaking; inspire people to be body positive and find joy in life without having to change how they look.
- Increase followers on social media to expand my opportunities in the body positive movement.
- Meet more body positive bloggers through events like Curvy Expo and get to know them better on a personal and professional level.
Check out “chooselifewarrior” on YouTube and Instagram for more great tips on achieving self-love.
Be Pretty, Plus and Proud and believe there’s nothing in life you can’t do! Don’t hold yourself back from dreams and goals! Don’t let darkness overcome your life!
Keeping a journal of ideas and things I’m learning on my journey of self-love will help me achieve my goal of helping others.