Taking a break from my Fashion Tip series, I thought I would give everyone a dose of optimism and love especially those being a little too tough on themselves this beautiful Spring day (yes Spring has arrived).
Things to think about when you’re feeling critical of your gorgeous self:
- Any mistakes you make today will only help you learn and grow. Mistakes do not mean you are a failure; they mean you are human just like everyone else.
- Do not compare yourself to anyone else. You are not them and they are not you. We are unique individuals.
- There is no right or wrong way to do anything. There’s only your way and that’s okay.
- Do not be afraid to share your thoughts, ideas, opinions or beliefs even when they seem to be the unpopular choice. Be you, be fierce!
- Everyone will have an opinion or reason to criticize you. Take what they give you and learn from it.
- Your weaknesses are not your failures; they are your features. They are those unique little things that make you who you are.
- Do not wish for your past to be different. Think instead that your history was your own little adventure that shaped and moulded who you see in the mirror today.
- Don’t underestimate your talents until you’ve given all of you to develop them.
- Every problem you have is not unique. They are many who experience similar hardships. You are never alone in your struggles.
- Intelligence can be acquired and judged on many levels; it’s all relative. Self esteem is not.
- It’s okay to be angry, sad and frustrated. Learn to express those emotions creatively. Use a punching bag, go for a calming walk, relax with some yoga, learn to meditate. Do not turn those feelings onto yourself and use them to degrade or belittle who you are.
- Surround yourself with people who want you to be successful. If someone brings you down, it’s time to let them go.
Be Pretty, Plus and Proud and give yourself some love!