This week I’ve been focusing on self-care. Yesterday was all about caring for your skin; cleansing, moisturizing and keeping it clean and clear. Today I’m going to share with you some makeup products I use most frequently. Most products are from Mary Kay; products purchased from personal at-home beauty consultations or online.
Setting The Scene:
After properly cleansing my skin the following is my routine for prepping my skin for makeup application. By using these products and taking these steps you are ensuring that the makeup you put on stays fresh and adheres to your skin for all day staying power.
- Elizabeth Arden Advanced Lip Fix Cream (helps prevent bleeding and fading of your lipstick or gloss)
- Mary Kay Eye Primer (helps eye shadow from creasing)
- Mary Kay Foundation Primer with sunscreen (creates the perfect canvass for foundation application)
- My favourite eye shadows right now are: Mary Kay mineral eye colour quad Autumn Leaves, Mary Kay mineral eye colour in Silver Satin and Mary Kay mineral eye colour in Polished Stone
- Loreal Super Slim liquid eyeliner
- Mary Kay Eyelash Primer
- Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara in black
- Mary Kay Timewise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation in Beige 4
- Mary Kay Concealer in Beige 1
- Dark contouring stick (name is rubbed off and can’t remember what company it’s from, sorry)
- Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation in Ivory 2 (helps control shine)
- Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Colour in one of the following current favourite colours; Golden Copper, Cherry Blossom or Bold Berry
- Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder (helps control shine)
- Mary Kay Lipliner in Neutral
- One of the following favourite lipstick or liquid lip colour; Mary Kay Arctic Apricot Lipstick, Mary Kay Chocolate Lipstick, Mary Kay Rosette Lipstick, Mary Kay Liquid Lip Colour in Cherry and Sephora’s Lustre Matte Long Lasting Lip Colour in Deep Plum
- Mary Kay Brow Defining Pencil in Brunette
- Mary Kay Brow gel
To apply makeup I use sponges, brush or beauty blotter sponge.
Finish it all off with Mary Kay Finishing Spray.
That’s all folks!
What colour cosmetics do you prefer to use?
Be Pretty, Plus and Proud and put your best face forward remembering makeup isn’t necessary to be beautiful; it’s just icing on the cake and fun to play with!