How do you own the skin you’re in? I saw this question on Facebook and thought I would pose it to you, my readers. To me, owning the skin you’re in means accepting, embracing and loving yourself.
Here’s how I would answer that question further:
- I focus on the things I love about myself.
- I don’t compare myself to anyone else.
- I know that no one is perfect so I accept my flaws.
- I focus on achievements and talents that have nothing to do with how I look.
- I dress the skin I’m in with care so people know I am proud of my body and want to show it off.
- I care for my body as best as I can but knowing that a treat now and then will not hurt me.
- I treat others with respect and kindness as my personality is more important than my looks.
- I surround myself with people who love, respect and support me unconditionally. I have no room for negativity in my life or for anyone who makes me feel bad about myself.
- I acknowledge that I am a child of God and He does not make mistakes. I am made in His image and that is beautiful!
How do you own the skin you’re in?
I am Pretty, Plus and Proud to be in my skin!