I’m the kind of person who always has a list on the go. Not just one list though, usually several different kinds; a list for what to do over a longer period of time like paint the living room or organize the linen closet; then there’s the list of what to do each day like go to the grocery store or pick up a package at the post office; there’s the shopping list like buy milk or bread. Always a list, always things to do!
Today I came across a different kind of list on Facebook; one I think I’d like to look at more often. I think this list might cause me to slow down and not worry or think so much about all the “jobs” I think have to be done. In the grand scheme of life does it really matter if the linen closet is organized or we live without bread for a few days? Let’s let go of some of the “must haves” in our life and really live more authentically; more present and aware of the effect we have on others and our relationships with those we love or even strangers on the street. We all live in the same world so let’s make it a good place to be!
Here’s Today’s To Do List:
- Practice kindness – Pay for someone’s order in the Time Horton’s drive through behind you, hold the door open for someone who’s hands are full, smile at a stranger sitting on the park bench, make muffins for an elderly neighbour.
- Let go of what you can’t control – You can’t control the weather so enjoy the sun and enjoy the rain. Don’t worry about someone else’s opinions or actions; control yourself.
- Count my blessings – There are many so I must focus on them more rather than my complaints.
- Listen to my higher self – Listen to my inner voice of right and wrong; the voice that says I’m wonderful regardless of what others may think; the voice that gives life to dreams long-held in check from lack of confidence or fear of failure.
- Instill calmness around me – This is a tough one as I don’t react well to change or situations that are unexpected or unplanned. I must be the voice that reassures all around me that it will be okay; the storm will pass; God does not give us anything we can’t handle so we must have faith; we must be ever hopeful.
- Share my light with others – I hope I am on the path to fulfilling this item by writing this blog and sharing my journey with my support group members. Learning to love one’s self is difficult and I hope I can help others realize this dream along with myself.
I think if we focus on this kind of list we’d also feel better about ourselves; our self-image improves when we help others in our communities and families. Happiness and feeling good are contagious!
Are you the kind of person who makes lists? Would you consider making a list like this one?
Hope everyone has a marvelous weekend! Try to get through it without a list of things to do!
Until Monday Be Pretty, Plus and Proud!