Yesterday I had a “Me” day. Like I said in my previous post, my mother showed me the importance of taking time for yourself; taking care of yourself so you can better care for others.
Here’s my list of things I like to do on a “Me” day:
- Get my nails done.
- Get my hair cut and/or coloured. (I’ll never let the grey hair win the battle!)
- Read a book with a nice scented candle burning nearby or a fire crackling in the fireplace.
- Watching a favourite show with a bag of popcorn.
- Taking a solo drive in the country on a beautiful fall day.
- Shopping (even if I only get a small treat).
- Take a bubble bath with a good book and scented candle.
- An afternoon nap and cuddle with my dog, Maggie.
- Reading a favourite magazine with a chai tea latte.
- Playing with my makeup, trying new looks.
- Doing a word search puzzle.
- Doing a yoga video
- Making a lunch date with a friend.
- Colouring (Love my daughter’s old Barbie colouring books).
- Writing in my journal.
- Listening to music while baking in the kitchen.
- I meditate/pray.
Spending time alone with yourself and doing things to pamper yourself is part of learning to love and embrace who you are. You are so important and deserve to enjoy life’s little pleasures. It’s all part of learning to Be Pretty, Plus and Proud!
What do you do on “Me” day? Maybe your suggestions will give me some new ideas for my next day off.