Have you been asking or wondering where I am? Perhaps you have or perhaps you’ve been too busy enjoying the summer months to even give me a passing thought. Don’t worry, I wouldn’t be upset in the least if that were the case. I myself have been enjoying some time away from writing to enjoy holidays with my hubby and daughter. I’ve also been busy doing dorm shopping with my girl, getting her ready for university life (imagine tears leaking from my eyes). In a few short weeks I’ll have to drop my girl off to begin a whole new chapter of life without her mom and dad so close by. I know she’s excited and while I’m excited for her, it will be a huge adjustment for us left behind to get on with life without her in the house. Oh well, such as life.
Anyway, enough about me and my upcoming woes. Today I want to begin a series of lists. Are you thinking, well that doesn’t sound too exciting? Lol, I assure you they will not be ordinary lists. I want to inspire and motivate you to try new things to improve your health; emotionally, spiritually, mentally and possibly physically. I’m not telling you it’s time for a diet, good heavens, no!!! Simply said, I’m giving you some new thoughts, ideas and methods to shake life up a bit if you are feeling sad, depressed, anxious, bored, tired, frustrated or disappointed with your life as it is. Maybe, just doing one small thing differently will be enough to help you feel better about yourself and where your life is headed. Some of these ideas are my own and some inspired from Pinterest. I hope you find them useful.
Today’s List: 30 Days of Happiness Challenge
- Clean your bed sheets. Nothing feels better than climbing into your bed with the smell of fresh linens to lull you to sleep. If you have a clothesline, use it. Air-dried sheets are the best.
- Listen to music from your younger years. Memories of your youth may bring a smile to your lips as you think about all the silly things you did before you had to become an adult.
- Learn to meditate to bring a sense of calm to your otherwise chaotic life.
- Treat yourself to flowers. The colours and fresh scents of your posies will not only brighten up your room but also your day.
- Compliment someone and yourself. People always like to hear a compliment including your very own ears.
- Dance like no one is watching. Be spontaneous and carefree.
- Treat yourself to lunch out. Enjoy the break of not having to pack a lunch.
- Do something creative and admire your talents.
- Take a relaxing hot bath or shower. Feel yourself relax and wind down after a busy day.
- Create a Pinterest board full of things you love.
- Bake a cake, complete with icing and sprinkles. Invite a friend over to share and enjoy, guilt free.
- Go for a walk, preferably somewhere quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the city streets.
- Call a friend. Spending time with someone you care about, who makes you laugh is therapy for a starving soul.
- Read a book. Enjoy turning the pages of a real book (not digital) while sipping a cup of herbal tea and munching on a cookie or two.
- Learn or try something new. Challenge yourself to learn a new skill, perhaps something you’ve always secretly wanted to try but was always a little afraid of.
- Help someone. Helping others always makes me feel good about myself.
- Start a journal. Writing can be very therapeutic.
- Do some yoga. Stretching and moving your body in new ways will help you feel healthier and give you energy to live your best life.
- Try a new exercise. Like yoga, any kind of movement is better for you than no movement at all. It will improve your energy level, your mood, your stamina, brain function and coordination.
- Cook yourself a meal from scratch. Check out Pinterest, websites or those forgotten cookbooks for new recipes to try out.
- Put aside the cereal and make yourself a fancy breakfast. It will fuel you for the amazing day you have ahead of you.
- Celebrate every win. Give yourself a pat on the back if you drank more water today than yesterday, if you took the stairs instead of the elevator, if you read for 1/2 an hour instead of scrolling through YouTube videos or eat an apple instead of a chocolate bar.
- Stop for a moment and listen to the song of the birds outside your window or on your walk.
- Tidy a room in your house. Cleaning can be very satisfying.
- Visit somewhere new. Google local attractions and check out somewhere different.
- Get up early and watch the sunrise.
- Eat something healthy today.
- Have a PJ day all day. Get cozy and read a book or binge watch some Netflix.
- Appreciate the beauty of a sunset. Take note of the colours, the feel of the evening air and the satisfaction of a great day ending.
- Go to bed with the knowledge that tomorrow brings with it another opportunity to enjoy a great day.
I look forward to trying many of these ideas, especially in the fall when I’ll be looking for distractions to take my. mind off of my daughter not being so close to her Mama!
Be Pretty, Plus and Proud as you learn to embrace new challenges!